Tuesday 24 May 2016

Writing

My Friend and I have been writing a story set in WW II. We have been caught by the Japanese who want genetically modified soldiers to attack pearl harbor. We have not finished So this is the first chapter in my point of view and a little in his.


Pearl Harbor


Prologue

The 3rd of December, 1941. That was when the rest of our lives began. We were being experimented on by the Japanese who wanted genetically engineered soldiers to attack the Americans. My friend Alex was being made into a water soldier. His DNA was blasted with exponentially large amounts of radiation to fuse with shark DNA.

On the other hand. I was being slowly electrocuted and exposed to dark matter. The resulting effect was me being able to move at superhuman speeds. I could also think, see and react quickly.
This is our story.


Chapter 1

They had told us that we were going to be genetically modified to have superhuman abilities but we would not know what until we went through their tests that they had made for us. We guessed that they would test in different places to learn what we did best. The day they came we were scared. We did not know if we were going make it through the tests or what would happen to us after. We were talking about what we would do if we got separated or one of us did not make it through the test when the guards came through the doors and pushed us towards the door. As we walked out we saw all the other people coming out some with struggle and some with none. We were in a group of strangers and we were lucky enough to know each other before hand do it was easier to go through the whole event for us than the other people.

We got guided through a maze of passageways and doors until we stopped and got split into groups. We got split up and I got sent off to a room that had japanese  writing on to the top and did not know what we were going to do until I saw inside. It was a room with a massive pool in it. It looked like a piece of sea that had been cut removed from the ocean and placed inside. Equipped with sharks, fish, squid, octopus, turtle. Someone that spoke english walked forward and told us if we did not jump in we would be shot. We all dived in and started treading water at the surface. They lowered a cage and told us if we wanted to be let out we had to survive in the water for 1 hours without getting eaten. We had a little bit of breathing space that we had to keep coming back to to breath.

They said start and a few of us dived under straight away to look for somewhere to hide close to the surface. I had just found a small cave to hide in when the octopus noticed something and attacked the few people sitting at the surface doing nothing. They dragged them under with the suction cups on their tentacles that also cut them and attracted the sharks that caused a war between the octopus and the squid. I realised that I needed to breath and tried to get a breath but I was running out of energy and air and started floating down. My vision was getting blurry and I thought I was going to drown.


I felt something soft under me and soon I was going towards the surface. I breached the surface and took a huge breath. I lay on my back for a couple of seconds before looking under me and saw it was a Great White Shark! I screamed and the people heard me and looked over. One of the guards aimed his gun at the water and they lifted myself and the shark out of the water with a crane. They dropped me on the floor and the shark into a tank of water. I picked myself up and went and said thank you to the shark even though I knew it could not understand me.


I wonder how Aidan is doing.

Chapter 2

They took my group down a long corridor and into a room. It looked like an African savannah. The only exception was that it had a large, looping racetrack.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read more of this, Alexander!

    ReplyDelete