Thursday 20 October 2016

Learning In The Making Reflection

Last friday it was learning in the making, it is a day where we do really fun activities, I really enjoyed playing  a game called Settlers of Catan where you gather resources like, wood, brick, wheat, sheep, and stone. You can build settlements and even cities.
I also learnt how to make spaghetti dogs or something like that whee you get raw sausage, cut it into chunks and thread uncooked pasta through it, then you boil it and wait for the spaghetti to cook. You then take it out and serve with cheese or a sauce of your choice. It is good:)
I also did this thing called crochet which is kind of like knitting but you use on hook to make a patch of wool in a pattern. It was a little hard getting used to but once I had it was very fun and easy to do. By the time I it had finished a only had a small patch of red wool but I was still proud of myself.
I think you should definitely do settlers of catan again and maybe more badminton workshops. I missed out of that one. I really wanted to do it as well, oh well another time. I am not sure of what other workshops you could do for the next conference but I am sure the teachers and parents/people from outside the school will think of something fun and entertaining.
I do not think there was a quote of the day and if there was  I do not remember it. I do remember a man called Mark Osborn telling us that we are the only school in NZ that does this and we should be very grateful.

The best part of the day for me was when I tied with three other people in Settlers of Catan, there were four of us playing it and only one person did not get four points, It was quite funny seeing his reaction when he found out.

In the end Learning In The Making 2016 was a very fun day and I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment